Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On Keeping Up with the Joneses

I am off this weekend to a wedding--the second wedding of anyone in my group of friends from college (congratulations and a first place ribbon goes to the Mooneyhams for their August nuptials), and the first I attend as a bridesmaid.

Last December, when I was surrounded by friends affiancing themselves left and right, I threw a temper tantrum and announced to a friend that I hoped I was always the bridesmaid, because I didn't want to get married anytime soon.

His reply? I hope you're always the bride.

Well. Well, well, well. I suppose now would be the perfect opportunity to announce my engagement to Stanley, the 38 year old fashion blogger I met via okcupid.com

Now that's a twist that the writers of 27 Dresses couldn't have written if I maneuvered the pens in their hands myself.

jk, jk, jk.

3 comments:

Ardith said...

I'D BETTER BE IN THAT WEDDING OR ELSE I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU SQUARE IN THE FACE WHEN I SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.

I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. YOU KNOW THIS IS FOR REAL.

FO.

REAL.

Chelsea said...

Oh dear god. I wish this were true.

Sammiham said...

heck yes for the Mooneyham shout out!!!!