Saturday, October 23, 2010

On Not Being an Improper Noun

Yesterday, I stood in line for almost an hour at Joann Fabrics to get a yard of lace for my Halloween party I am hosting next weekend. Note to self: do not go to the craft store at 1 p.m. on a weekday during 1) a holiday season and 2) a large sale. There are middle-aged crafters everywhere.

Today, I went back to the same store with Andrew, who needed a black flannel to cover the paper mache bear head he is making for his costume.

It was there that I saw a cashier with long ringlet-ed grey hair. We decided that is what I will look like when I am old and grey. Length! And curls!

I can't wait.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

So what are you dressing up as? Madonna in the 80s? A BRIDE?!

Ashley said...

Ooooo, it's a surprise. Always is. The lace is to cover pumpkins with, though. She's CRAFTY.

Joanne said...

One would almost think you had something against middle-aged crafters. ;-)