Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I'm Looking Forward to

Because I am generally in a tizzy these days about time and schedules and how much I have to do in terms of schoolwork before December 18th, I thought it would do me well to make a list of the things that I am looking forward to in the next few weeks. Because, not only will this remind me that I am doing this for a reason, and that I am going to have so much fun soon, but also I just really love making lists.

one. Emma, a Englishwoman (haha) I met in France, is coming to visit this Saturday with her boyfriend.

two. Thanksgiving is next week, which means delicious food, wonderful company, and also time with Bailey the dog.

three. Harry Potter comes out this Friday.

four. I get to spend Christmas with Scarlet and Carl and Bailey the dog, and we are going skiing in Vermont. Which sounds so holiday-y.

five. Immediately after Christmas, I am so so grateful to be able to go back to Seattle, to spend two weeks amongst friends & family I didn't think I'd be able to see.

six. An opportunity to work on my thesis, which may or may not include Hemingway, generational make-ups, Madonna, and Lady Gaga. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom.

seven. New Years Eve with The Nest! We've never done that!

eight. A brief trip to the South, to visit Andrew. The South! I've never been there.

nine. A roadtrip from Tennessee to New Hampshire.

and ten. Snow and Christmas and baking and love and giving and cooking and feeling cozy.

I feel so, so much better. Y'all should try this. You have no idea.

3 comments:

Ardith said...

Hello everyone, and I am part of number seven.

So excited.

And now-- I must return to History of American Higher Education.

Chelsea said...

I want to be part of this. Why won't I be in Seattle unexpectedly?!

Scar said...

i'd just like to say i'm numero quatro. and technically no 3 as well if you count my dog.