Friday, January 7, 2011

Country Roads Take Me Home

By the time I had been in The South (yes, I'm pretty certain the capitals are required) for just over twenty four hours, I had driven past Billy Graham Parkway, had grits for breakfast, eaten barbecue at an off-the-road joint that locals drive long distances to, listened to Jesus on the radio (or, rather, his followers, I suppose), driven ON the Bristol Motor Speedway (the favored track for NASCAR fans, and yes I said on it), and heard the most amazing accents ever. The people here are fabulously nice, and many of them have fabulously large hair.

Tomorrow, we are driving to Washington, D.C., where we will find a sports bar, hole up, and watch the Seahawks (lose? I hope not). Did you know that museums in D.C. are free? Paris could learn a thing or two from that city.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yessss...I love The South! Capitals included.

Joanne said...

Hope you saw that Seahawks game. Wahoo!