Friday, June 3, 2011

Cheer up sleepy (Ashley) Jean, oh what can it mean, to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

People, I am coming home. Yet again, I am homeward bound, heading home to where my music's playing, home where my most of my loves lie waiting for me.

I can't wait.

And despite my incredibly ability to wax poetic about the jewels of the Pacific Northwest here, amongst New Englanders and Southerners and those oddballs from the mid-Atlantic area I know, I find myself incapable of pulling together a coherent blog post about the fact that I am coming home.

I guess that is perhaps due to the fact that most of you reside in the PNW anyway--and I don't need to tell you about the merciless lack of bugs, about the ways the sun sets over the water (as it should), about the way that Mallard's ice cream tastes after one of those rare hot summer days, about the way it feels to drive south on I-5 and see Seattle for the first time again--because it always is the first time, no matter how recently you've been there.

Three years away and I am coming home.

I'll see y'all on August 5th. Get. Ready.

3 comments:

VGabbard said...

YAY!!!!

Chelsea said...

WHAAAAAAAAT?! So JEALOUS!

Chicca said...

WOW,so jealous!!!
Happy weekend!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/