Sunday, June 19, 2011

Prompt: What I did on my summer vacation

Response:

I am spending the month of June doing a lot of this:


combined with a little bit of transformers, remote control cars, beaches, and swingsets.

I'm currently in the middle of a short-term nannying position for the month of June, with two kids who are here visiting their father for a few weeks.

We spend most of our days outside, wandering from park to park and beach to beach. We've made bread, and strawberry freezer jam, and cookies, and colored pictures of princesses. We've played a game of marco polo and I've struggled to get over my constant need to keep beach blankets and towels from being covered in sand.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted. And taking care of two kids for ten hours a day really puts a hamper on your ability to read French theory and write a thesis. I mean, who can even think about posthumanism when you've got two actual humans to keep track of?

1 comment:

VGabbard said...

I know, right?! :)